"This recipe is great for mothers who are breastfeeding. It helps to keep your milk supply up or increase your milk supply. Use more brewers yeast and oatmeal if you are wanting to increase your milk supply. You can use more chocolate chips if you like or any kind of chips," says Noel Trujillo. You can also safely eat these cookies during pregnancy in preparation for breastfeeding.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
Holly adapted from Noel Trujillo
Please try to source organic, local ingredients where possible – so much better for you.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup Bittersweet chocolate chips (we used Callebaut)
- 2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- Stir in oats and chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet, flatten a little.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
*If you are breastfeeding, try eating the dough as well as the cookies, as it seems to be even more effective at increasing supply, possibly 10 fold more than the cookies – and it’s delicious!
“YES, they DO WORK! I’ve found them especially helpful for afternoons and evenings when baby is cluster feeding and I seem to be all out of liquid gold – munch a couple of bikkies, have a big drink of water or milk (yum!) and you can feel your boobies expanding with fresh milk” — Glamourcide
This recipe will make a huge batch! You can bake enough for a few days and refrigerate or freeze the rest of the dough to bake at a later date. Or, make them all and freeze them, saving you having to make more later. Another option is to bake half and eat the second half in batter form which is more effective if you want a quick hit!
|These cookies taste really good! They are very healthy and can be eaten by anyone! Just look at this happy little teapot princess with her Mommy.|
|Everyone is happy!|
JJ (aka Grandma Teapot)