|Happy Birthday! left, Moose, Bandit, Beemer and Bentley.|
Bentley, Bandit and Moose have the same Mother and Father, however, Moose is one year older than the two litter mates. They share a birthday. I have made some pup healthy treats in the past, but, hadn't made up my own recipe until now. The pups loved this carrot cake, even our resident picky eater, Beemer!! I made a pup healthy cake, easy and you can refrigerate or freeze for a later date!
Making a Birthday cake for your dog can seem like a daunting task. Dogs cannot eat all the things we can and they have limitations on sweets as well. Finding the perfect mix between healthy and yummy this cake will please the most finicky pup!
Happy Birthday Bandit and Bentley!
JJ's Pup Cake
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup agave (optional)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease your baking vessel. I used two large creme brulee dishes and 6 mini cup cakes.
- Using your food processor fitted with the grating disk, grate carrots. Remove carrots, take disk off and fit the blade onto the processor.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and agave, in your food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse a few times. Add the carrots and pulse. Add flour, salt and baking soda and pulse with the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, less for cupcakes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
The frosting is easy and can be made with anything. I have made it with carob, peanut butter and low fat strawberry whipped topping. You can even mix some kibble with some peanut butter, low fat cream cheese or low fat topping.
4 ounces of low fat cream cheese
3 T canola oil
1 T vanilla
1 tsp agave
- Sweet One will be back next Friday with a delicious treat from her "Sweet Shop"!! I can hardly wait! I just love sneaking into her refrigerator to snatch a treat!
- The Summer finally made it to the Pacific Northwest, we have been soaking it all in, boating, golfing, hiking, spades on the patio, petanque(a french game, similar to bocce, I learned at a French cooking school), croquet and outdoor barbeques. We are planning another action packed weekend with family and friends! See you on Monday!
- Hope your weekend is full of the "3 F's"! Family, Friends and FUN!
- Cheers! JJ