This creative idea came from Robin at www.birdonacake.blogspot.com -she does some amazing things with cupcakes and cakes!
Here is what you will need to decorate these little cuties:
- Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies (or you can use mini Chips Ahoy as they are relatively the same size)
- White Candy Melts (found at Michael's Arts & Crafts)
- Blue buttercream frosting in a piping bag (remember to use the gel food coloring as it is more concentrated and really gives you a rich color)
- Wilton #233 decorating tip
- Chocolate chips
- A batch of your favorite cupcakes (I made chocolate and got the recipe from Glory at www.glorioustreats.blogspot.com)
Step 1: Once you have whipped up that batch of cupcakes and have let them cool, cut a slit in the bottom half of the cupcake. This is the space you are going to place the cookie.
Step 2: Once you have cut your slits, you will place a cookie in each cupcake as pictured below.
Step 3: Make your buttercream frosting and color it a nice bright blue.
Step 4: Place your blue buttercream in a piping bag fitted with the Wilton tip #233 and pipe frosting fur all over the cupcake.
Step 5: Once you have piped fur on all your cupcakes, you can work on putting together the googly eyes! Melt a few candy melts. Put a dab on the back of a chocolate chip, and stick it on the flat side of a candy melt. Make a set of two for each cupcake.
Look how cute cookie monster is with his eyes and fur! I just loved making these and look forward to hearing if any of you try making them. I saw a recipe for Elmo and may take a stab at him next! Don't be intimidated to make these, they were super easy!
Joan and I are in preparations to take some cake and cookie decorating classes and I look forward to sharing with you the many creations we discover during those courses! Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and come visit Monday for Joan's "Back to Health Monday"!