When the calendar turns to October I get a little excited....or crazy. I love all new Halloween stuff that hits the stores, costumes, baking stuff and decorations....you name it! I can hardly wait to create some scary, cute and totally festive Halloween treats. There are so many cool things out there and I want to buy it all and start creating!! And if you've been reading here for any period of time, you know I consider myself the Temptress of Halloween.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 cups dark chocolate cookie crumbs (I used Oreo's and removed the white icing)
- 1 (18 ounce) can chocolate icing
- 1 (16 ounce) bag gummy worms
- Preheat oven according to cake mix package directions.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup cupcake pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into cupcake pans and bake as directed on cake mix box.
- Let cupcakes cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Spread cupcakes lightly with chocolate icing. Sprinkle (dirt) cookie crumbs on top.
- Cut gummy worms in half (as many as you like).
- Put icing onto cut end of the worms and stick to the top of cupcakes.
- You can use as few or as many as will fit on each cupcake.
For the Googly Eyed Monsters, follow the instructions above, except add green food coloring to white frosting and pipe onto the cupcakes. Add the yellow and green eyes to complete the monster. Yellow and Green candy eyes available at Michael's or on Amazon at Yellow and Green eyes!
Witch cupcakes are so easy with this cute witches kit available on Amazon at Witch Cupcake Kit!
|Find these scary Bloody Chainsaw picks on Amazon|
I just couldn't resist these! Spider Cupcake Stands ~ These are a perfect centerpiece for Halloween themed gatherings that are not supposed to be too scary!
The temptress of Halloween will be sharing more next week!!
These are so cute! Love! JCReplyDelete
Oh so cute!! Perfect for my toddler group! Thanks! I am ordering the spider cupcake stands before they sell out! Maya LReplyDelete