The cookie baking/decorating season is in full swing! I have armed myself with cookie cutters and am up to my elbows in flour, sugar and butter!! Ready or not, here is my tutorial on baking and decorating some cute and creative sugar cookies...
First, you gather up the cookie cutters you are going to use.
Next, you need a really good sugar cookie recipe. I just happen to have one for you! -Courtesy of JENNY COOKIES (www.jennycookies.com)
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. baking powder
6 cups flour
1. Preheat your oven to 375F. In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, blend together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
|Beat together your butter and sugar|
|Dry ingredients blended|
|Separate dough into two halves and wrap in plastic|
|Mash each ball into a patty|
5. Remove one of the dough patties from the fridge. Unwrap it and put it on the flat, floured surface.
6. Rub flour on your rolling pin. Don't be stingy!
|Dough patty and a floured surface|
8. Cut out cookies from dough. Squish up the scraps of remaining dough, roll it out again. Continue until you have used all your dough.
|Cut out your cookies|
Next Friday, I will post Part 'Deuce' in which I show you different decorating techniques and designs! Check us out Monday because I think JJ will have some pics up from her Ugly Sweater Party -can't wait to see those!
Have a great weekend! ~Amy